Web Analytics Manager
Location: Central London
Job Ref: #WAM261118
Reporting to the Director of Marketing, the Web Analytics Manager has the overall responsibility for design, development and implementation of web analytics (using Google Analytics, Google Tag Manager, Google Optimize and Google Search Console) across our 260+journal sites, all related informational and corporate sites, our current Manuscript Tracking System (MTS) sites and our newly developed MTS sites. The role holder will work closely with the Director of Marketing, Senior Data Analyst and Researcher Marketing team to ensure there is robust, consistent and actionable tagging, tracking and resultant analytics available across all relevant sites. This role will require the holder to develop a strategy for being able to track user and customer behaviour (including the whole author journey from research to publication) across these varied sites.
Updating/building web analytics infrastructure
- Conduct extensive audit of current website performance, tagging and analytics set up, existing tracking capabilities and all other relevant aspects of web analytics
- Work closely with Director of Marketing and other key stakeholders from Publishing, Marketing and Digital teams to develop understanding of key customer journeys and product elements (including all required ‘Events’, ‘Goals’, etc.)
- Work with eCRM Marketing Manager to ensure data is structured in such a way that it can be effectively utilised by our CRM systems for use in marketing and other related activity
- Create infrastructure strategy to ensure effective and consistent web analytics, and improve SEO, across all websites (and over various domains), utilising understanding from audit and work with stakeholders
- Implement new infrastructure using Google’s web analytics suite (e.g. Analytics, Tag Manager, Search Console, Optimize, etc.)
Supporting and enhancing marketing activity
- Design and implement marketing and other activity tracking standards (UTM, int_, etc.) to ensure all programmes of activity are accurately tracked and able to be reported on
- Work closely with Research Marketing (various Marketing Managers) and Marketing Operations (primarily eCRM Marketing Manager) to optimise landing pages, email campaigns, etc. for greatest conversions
- Devise ways for marketers to identify the roles customers are playing (Reader, Author, Editor, Reviewer) when engaging with our websites
- Own the connection between Google Analytics and Google Ads and provide support to rest of Marketing Department as necessary in relation to Google Ads
Reporting, testing and insights
- Based on requirements of teams across the company, develop collection of automated and easy-to-use reports on journal, portfolio and company wide web performance (most likely utilising Google Data Studio)
- Where needed provide training, advice and documentation on how best to access and understand web analytics data
- When required (or where relevant) provide support to research projects and or product/activity testing (A/B, multivariate, etc.) through adaptive web analytics
- Work closely with the Senior Data Analyst to align and combine web analytics data with our wider customer and company data for development of deeper insights about our customer and products
Skills and experience
The role holder is an independent thinker who has an in-depth understanding of web analytics and very strong, demonstrable experience in overhauling existing web analytics infrastructure and/or successfully building this infrastructure from scratch. They are passionate about understanding customer behaviour and product performance and helping their colleagues derive the best insights from these elements. An understanding of Open Science and wider publishing and research landscape, and the elements and actors within it, is desirable. The role holder is someone who wants to help make sure Hindawi has the most effective web analytics possible and educates their colleagues on how best to utilise these.
- Competitive salary
- Matching pension funding (4% of salary)
- Private medical and dental insurance
- Season ticket loan
Salary based on experience.
To apply for the position, please send your CV and cover letter, including salary expectations, notice period, and your motivation for working with us to email@example.com. Applications will be considered on a continuous basis, so early applications are encouraged.