Location: Central London
Job Ref: #OM270918
Reporting to the Chief Operations Officer (COO), the role holder will be responsible for the set-up of external editorial and production suppliers, followed by ongoing management. The role holder will also review and implement internal operational changes.
The Operations Manager will manage a team of Editorial Production Editors responsible for ensuring day-to-day quality and answering queries from suppliers.
The role holder should expect travel to vendor locations, and to the Hindawi office in Cairo.
- Providing expertise on systems and processes, recommending improvements and new ways of working
- Implement and oversee successful process changes at operational locations
- Creating and maintaining documentation relating to process including
- Production style guides
- Workflow flowcharts
- Vendor training instructions
- Policy documentation
- Role specific checklists
- Editorial guidelines
- Email templates
- With COO, create request for proposals for each department to assess external suppliers
- Manage the set-up of new external vendors to perform operational tasks
- Manage team of Editorial Production Editors, including recruitment, appraisals etc.
- Train the vendors on Hindawi systems and processes
- Answering vendor queries
- Ensuring vendors are using the systems correctly
- Managing projects related to operational processes
- Deputising in the absence of the COO
- Working with your fellow Operations Manager to coordinate the management of operations
- Regularly providing data, feedback and reports to vendors in order to implement an ever improving author experience
- Overseeing projects as new opportunities arise, and alongside developments in operations
- From time to time, you may attend conferences relevant to operations to represent Hindawi
Skills and experience
- 5 years experience of either production or editorial experience in an STM environment
- Experience working with overseas vendors
- Competitive salary
- Matching pension funding (4% of salary)
- Private medical and dental insurance
- Season ticket loan
Salary based on experience.
To apply for the position, please send your CV and cover letter, including salary expectations, notice period, and your motivation for working with us to email@example.com. Applications will be considered on a continuous basis, so early applications are encouraged.Download PDF