Head of Campaign Marketing
Location: Central London
Job Ref: #HCM310818
To realise our ambition of expanding the reach of Open Access, we are looking to hire a Head of Campaign Marketing to join our growing team in London. This role will have the responsibility for the development and execution of our author lifecycle marketing strategy to allow us to engage with researchers in a rewarding and useful manner.
This is a great opportunity for a creative senior marketer that is excited by developing creative campaign solutions to achieve commercial goals. They will have the responsibility to develop and shape their team as required.
- Define the overall author campaign marketing strategy, customer journeys, marketing mix, investment recommendations and specific marketing plans
- Work collaboratively with the Commercial Director and the Marketing Communications Manager to define the marketing strategy and plan that carries forward and communicates our key author brand attributes, and meets business and financial objectives.
- Build a campaign execution team to implement the marketing plans.
- Develop author lifecycle marketing plan to focus on reviewer to author and reader to author conversion points in addition to repeat authorship and colleague/departmental recommendation schemes.
- Work with a cross-functional team to develop, test and refine the messaging strategy and content roadmap needed to support marketing efforts.
- Develop connected and personalized author journeys to create an engaging and valued author experience.
- Develop and maintain marketing plan measurement frameworks to ensure ongoing review and adjustment in alignment with marketing funnel KPI’s.
Skills and experience
- 5+ years of experience creating, executing and leading marketing initiatives
- Proven track record and ability to work closely with product and go-to-market teams developing business and marketing strategy to drive rapid growth.
- Ability to understand consumer needs and motivations and develop marketing plans that prioritize key audience segments.
- Strategic thinker and influencer with the ability to build creative marketing campaigns combined with the operational know-how to ensure excellence in execution.
- Demonstrated success in messaging through traditional and new media channels and ability to measure marketing effectiveness and optimize plans globally.
- Ability to lead teams, both directly and indirectly, with a strong balance between creative inspiration and strong data and analytical skills and capabilities.
- Demonstrated track record of working in matrixed and collaborative environments.
- Competitive salary
- Matching pension funding (4% of salary)
- Private medical and dental insurance
- Season ticket loan
Salary based on experience.
To apply for the position, please send your CV and cover letter, including salary expectations, notice period, and your motivation for working with us to email@example.com. Applications will be considered on a continuous basis, so early applications are encouraged.